JSY scheme has been started during 2005-06 by Central Government. Maharashtra Government sanctioned this scheme by vide G.R. No. JSY2005/670 Prs. Kra.171/ FW 3 dated 26/10/2005 for the rural area only. Vide G.R. no. JSY 2005/670/ Pra.Kra. 171/ FW dated 14/08/2006 urban area & benefit is given to beneficiaries below poverty line. Vide G.R. No JSY/2006/ Pra.Kra.175/FW 3 dated 22/12/2006. Benefit is to be given SC & ST beneficiaries.
To increase the institutional deliveries in urban & rural areas. To reduce the Maternal Mortality & Infant Mortality among BPL, SC & ST.
- Beneficiary must be BPL.
- In case of SC & ST, benefit should be given to all pregnant women (including non BPL).
- The age of registered pregnant mothers should not be less than 19 years.
- The benefit should be given to the beneficiaries up to two living children.
- For home delivery Rs. 500/- amount is to be given to the beneficiary.
- For Urban area, the beneficiary after delivery in the institution to be paid Rs. 600/- within 7 days.
- For rural area the beneficiary after delivery in the institution to be paid Rs. 700/- within 7 days
- For C-Section Rs. 1500/- are given to the beneficiaries
- Above benefit is given by cheque to the beneficiaries.
- ASHA incentive for bringing JSY beneficiary to Institutional delivery Rs.200/- in Non Tribal area and Rs.600/- in Tribal area.
- At Sub Centre level a permission to open a sub account has been given to ANM.
Availability of the scheme
The scheme is available at all Sub Centers, Primary Health Centers, Community Health Centers, Rural Hospitals, Sub- District Hospitals, District Hospitals, Accredited Hospitals, and Hospitals under Medical Colleges, Municipal Corporation Hospitals, Corporation Hospitals & all Government Granted Hospitals.
Performance of the JSY scheme
||No. of Beneficiaries
||2011-12 (End of July)