Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS) have been set up to bring about quality and accountability in health services, for each type of health institutions such as PHCs, RHs, SDHs, GHs, WHs, and District Hospitals. Key element to set up IPHS under strengthening is laying down minimum level of service guarantees that each facility should provide.
IPHS is a novel concept to fix benchmarks of infrastructure including building, manpower, equipment, drugs, specialized services and quality assurance through introduction of treatment protocols.
Indian Public Health Standards are a set of standards envisaged to improve the quality of health care delivery in the state under the National Rural Health Mission
Aims & Objectives
To specify the minimum assured (essential) services that institution is expected to provide and the desirable services which the states should aspire to provide through this facility.
- To maintain an acceptable quality of care for these services.
- To facilitate monitoring and supervision of these facilities.
- To make the services provided more accountable and responsive to people’s needs
Priority area (IPHS 18-19)
- IPHS Human Resource
- Consumable & Medicines for Dialysis & Burn ward
- Support services (cleaning, Laundry) to IPHS Institutes.
- Solar Photo Voltaic system.
- Outsourcing of Equipment Maintenance & Repair.
- Outsourcing of Laboratory Services
- Outsourcing of Telerodiology Services
- Outsourcing of AERB Services
- Biomedical Waste Management
IPHS HR 2018-19
2. Medical Officer
3. Dialysis technicians
4. Staff nurse