- Annual Maintenance Grants are distributed for maintenance of physical infrastructure of Health Institutions.
- AMG is to be provided to all the health institutions in the state from sub center to district hospitals except for the institutions functioning in hired buildings.
- Ensures quality services in health facilities.
- Do not purchase new items from AMG.
- Do not use AMG Funds for major repairs as well, instrument and equipment.
Objective and Functions
- To ensure/ undertake regular repairs and maintenance of the physical facilities.
- To ensure/undertake cleaning, bio-medical waste management, and other services of the hospital.
- To provide improved facilities in various departments including contract services of technical/other personnel.
- To ensure proper use by timely maintenance and repair of hospital equipment and machinery.
- Repairs and Maintenance of water supply and drainage.
- Payment of Electricity bills and Telephone bills.
- Maintenance of Computers and other office equipments.
- Any other maintenance expenditure.
Maharashtra, total 11006 institutes having AMG fund which is Sub District Hospital – 80, Rural Hospital – 342, Women Hospital – 9, General Hospital – 4, Primary Health Centre – 1651, Primary Health Unit – 473 and Sub Centre - 8447.