- Necessity of Untied Fund has been felt mainly due to unavailability of funds for undertaking any innovative, responsive or facility specific need-based activity.
- The Untied Funds should not be utilized on the activities which has been taken under other programs.
- Untied Funds will be used only for the common good and not for individual needs, except in the case of referral in emergency situations. It is meant for expanding public expenditure on health.
- Use of untied fund to improve amenities for patients and health providers which make the visit to facility a positive experience .
Utilization of Untied Fund
- This fund is mainly provided for implementation of innovative schemes.
- Expenditure can be made under untied fund to fill up temporary gaps created in response to short supply of logistics or unexpected change in demand pattern.
- This fund can be used for the purchase of Lab materials, Instruments/Equipments, Furniture, Curtains, Mattresses etc.
- Transfer of samples during epidemics.
- Transport of emergencies to appropriate referral center.
- Untied fund shall not be used for vehicle purchase, payment of monthly salaries. But can be used to make payments for services rendered.
- Untied fund should not be used for recurring expenditures.
- This fund can also be used for minor purchases like Stationery, Registers, Papers etc.
In Maharashtra, total 13624 institutes having UF fund which is Sub District Hospital – 80, Rural Hospital – 365, Women Hospital – 11, General Hospital – 4, Primary Health Centre – 1811, Primary Health Unit – 794 and Sub Centre - 10559